MAY 15, 2017 10 MINS READ
The most preferred medium for top marketers to promote their content and their brand is Social media marketing. 93% of the marketers preferred social media content marketing in 2016.
In twitter alone per second 448,800 tweets are sent, before starting to getting into social media marketing strategy we need to make a strategy for a better result. Especially startups and small businesses because with the limited resources and budget. That’s what we are going to see in this post.
[exclusive_bonus title=”Reader’s Benefit:”]Value added benefit to WP Team Support readers. Free PDF download Social Media Content Marketing Strategy Roadmap Used By Top Brands[/exclusive_bonus]
[tables_content title=”Social Media Content Marketing Strategy For Small Business and Startups”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Interesting Content Marketing Stats” link=”#stats”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Make a Social Media Reconnaissance” link=”#reconnaissance”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Make Social Media Specific Content” link=”#specific”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”- Different Content Behaviour in Different Social Media” link=”#diff”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Optimizing The Blog” link=”#blog”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”- Make Visually Attractive Post Image” link=”#post”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Boost Social Media Content Marketing With Infographics” link=”#infographics”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Listen and Interact With Your Audience” link=”#listen”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Maintain Consistency At The Best Time” link=”#best”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Tools For Social Media Content Marketing” link=”#tools”][/tables_content]
Interesting Content Marketing Stats
Before starting let’s have a look at some interesting content marketing stats to have a better insight on the social media content marketing strategy.
- Smart insight found this interesting fact of 60 seconds social media behavior
- 49% percent of the marketers convinced that investment made in the content has given good ROI
- Unbounce stats the demand for infographics has increased 800% in the past year
- 60% B2B marketers that creating engaging content as their top challenge. Another study from Curata states long-form blog posts generate 9x more leads than short-form blog posts.
Really interesting stats right? Now you can see the need for content. From the above stats, we infer that people are expecting longer engaging content with quality and a treat to their ideas. And I almost forget most people takes only 37 seconds to look through your post.
So we can make two things
- There must be some interesting element in your blog post to hold the customer
- Or else you have to make the content simpler so that reader get the important points easily
Saying that you can see the need for infographics has grown so wild. Because they are attractive, only it has important points and most importantly in an engaging manner.
Make a Social Media Reconnaissance
Before starting your social media marketing right away, set up an exploration into the social medias you need to market your content.
The things you will get to know or you should note in this examination are
- Your target audience
- What your target audience like the most
- Make interactions with your targeted audience group
- Active groups and pages related to your niche
- Have a close look at your competitor’s profile
- Make a note of their best post and how they are using it
[pro_tip title=”Pro Tip:”]Set up your reconnaissance survey at least three months before you get into Social Media Content Marketing[/pro_tip]
The reason for setting up an exploration is to prepare your audience and also get a good response to your content when you start publishing.
Make Social Media Specific Content
Each social media is different by their nature, each has their own characteristics. So make content that supports the nature of the social media. For example, Instagram and Pinterest both are picture and image centered social media but each of them differs.
Different Content Behaviour in Different Social Media
Same content can be produced in different flavors because each social media have their own flavors. Make content specifically for that flavor and present it in the particular social media. This is one of the reasons why curata has found 29% of leading marketers systematically reuse and repurpose content.
- Facebook – More interactive and entertaining contents like funny GIFS, small videos like that
- Twitter – It’s a versatile medium, which is designed on the newspaper headline based 140 characters make interesting heading with a proper hashtag to get the audience.
- Instagram – It is a more personal medium where people like to see real things or real work. Instagram marketing can be used for personal brand bonding with the audience.
- Pinterest – It is a nonperson image platform, even on our Pinterest marketing tips we mentioned image without face tends to be liked a lot by the person. Here people want to enjoy the design and need to visually feel your product.
- Linkedin – It is a professional medium, where you need to give a clear outline and what people will learn by reading your content, that’s what they expect there and that is what we are also supposed to do.
Slideshare- Slideshare is another professionally engaging medium it is also owned by Linkedin. Here your content goes as interactive slides. More like infographics broken into pieces to fit each of the slides. Have a look at one of our slides in the SlideShare.
For each company, the best result providing social media differs based on the audience and the content type you produce. If you need to stay updated with the changing social media content marketing trends follow us in the above mentioned social medias.
Optimizing The Blog
We cannot always be active on the social medias, sharing our new content or the old content to the audience. Of course, we are human we miss two or three valuable parts of our contents. To avoid this, optimize your blog structure right inside the blog itself ask the audience to share. Like below
[Tweet “Know how to optimize your blog that makes your reader promote your content #contentmarketing”]
This increases your content reach, you can use the following plugins
- click to tweet plugin
- If you are using Social Warfare plugin you will get this option
- You can also get CoSchedule’s click to tweet
Try adding social share buttons to engage your visitors.
Make Visually Attractive Post Image
Optimizing the blog post includes adding visually attractive post images. It doesn’t end by just making a beautiful content with valuable points. We should also present your content in an elegant attention-grabbing way.
[experts_box experts_title=”Easy One Click Solution:”]You create valuable contents. We create blog post images exclusively for your post. Buy Create Post Images Service.[/experts_box]
If you have taken 3 hours to make a content at least spend one hour for making post images. Post images
Boost Social Media Content Marketing With Infographics
As said before the need for infographics is increasing. The infographic has increased by 800% in the last year. Infographic with good quality visual appearance, easily understandable concept and easy to read will engage the readers a lot.
[pro_tip title=”Pro Tip”]Try to build infographics with the related concept, so it will be like a story telling and the viewers like it too. Have a look at our infographics for examples[/pro_tip]
If you don’t have an in-house person to take care of infographics you can hire design professionals from Dribble and Behance. Infographics are a very potential form of content, they can attract more viewers than any other forms of content. So try to promote your infographics.
Nathan Ellering in one of his CoSchedule blog post about How to promote a bloghas shared a lot of valuable insights of promoting a blog.
P.S. Grab a coffee, make yourself comfortable and start reading this blog it has so many points in it. Take your own time, but trust me it’s worth the time.
[pro_tip title=”Infographic Promotional Sites:”]Slideshare, Visual.ly, Scribd, Pinterest, Tumblr, Flickr, Daily Infographic, Cool Infographics, Infographics Archive, Infographic Journal, and Infographics Showcase[/pro_tip]
Listen and Interact With Your Audience
Our company social media need not be always promotional and speaking about us for all the time. You can give a personal touch with your audience tweets and post too, it not only increase your bond with that particular person it will also make your audience feel Aww!!
Disha Dinesh actually turned the spotlight about this in her Content marketing tipsto earn customer trust post. Particularly this image
Isn’t that very nice? A brand is nothing without its customer, listening to them and responding to them makes a big difference in the customer and brand relation. In the above post- Eric mentioned puppy and the Purina have used the related image to respond.
This is what really meant as being social and that really works in the social media. It is one of the ways to engage your customer on the social media.
Maintain Consistency At The Best Time
Posting consistently in social media is another important part of the social media content marketing. Again each social media have their own best time, you cannot simply post in all the social media at the same time.
Different studies says different timing and for each company, their best time varies. During your reconnaissance try to figure out this too, the best time to post. Use analytics provided by the social media for your profile to analyze at which time your getting maximum engagement.
Tools For Social Media Content Marketing
Manually you cannot manage all the social media at the same time. Especially business people you have lot more important things to make your business running. Thankfully there are many marketing automation tools to help you with this.
You can use these tools to schedule your social media messages
- Buffer – there is both free and paid version. In the paid version you have advanced scheduling feature like the best time to post.
- Hootsuite – along with the sharing the content you can also manage you social media accounts. You can message, find the people who are mentioning in their post
- CoSchedule – It is an all in one marketing calendar application. Not only you can schedule your social media message, you can manage your team workflow and assign tasks to the team. The best part is you have reque option which automatically reschedules important post. Promoting your old contents again is one of the important social media content marketing strategies.
[recommened_reading id=”4658″ title=”Recommended Reading:”]
Start Growing Your Audience Base
These are the bottom line of social media content marketing strategy. Make engaging exclusive and informative content that is optimized for each of the social media you want to promote your content.
If you have a really good budget with excellent creative team members try to make video and podcast. These content forms are growing rapidly and also loved by the audiences too. According to Ascend2, 69% of companies report their video marketing budget is increasing.
What are your present social media content strategy? Please mention it in the comment section, let’s share our knowledge. And if I haven’t covered any point you been expecting, please mention it in the comment section I’ll help you.