DECEMBER 2, 2016 10 MINS READ
Redesign website is one of the factors that is going to help you stay in the business according to the current trend and also take your business to the next level. This article is going to give a complete idea of why, when, and how to redesign website.
[Tweet “Struggling Business Site into #MoneyMaking #Website. Why and How To #RedesignWebsite?”]
Redesign website or revamp website not only gives a fresh look to the website but also gives a boost to the website’s conversion rate. If you are still wondering why you need a redesign to the website check out the reasons why and when you need to do a website redesign.
[tables_content title=”Table of Content”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Reasons to redesign website” link=”#reason”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”1. Not able to get expected result from the website” link=”#1″][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”2. Is the website is still in line with the business strategy and products” link=”#2″][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”3. When the Website is broke” link=”#3″][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”4. Responsive and mobile friendly websites” link=”#4″][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”5. Your competitors give a tough fight” link=”#5″][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”6. Outdated Tools and Plugins” link=”#6″][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Redesign Website in WordPress” link=”#wp”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”Redesign website without loosing SEO” link=”#seo”][table_content link_type=”custom-link” title=”How to announce website redesign” link=”#how”][/tables_content]
Reasons to redesign website
The thing we have to emphasise over here is when or how often you should redesign website rather than on why you need to do a website redesign.
[exclusive_bonus title=”Reader’s Benefit:”]Value added benefit to WP Team Support readers. Free PDF download Struggling Business Site into Money Making Website. Why and How To Redesign Website?[/exclusive_bonus]
1. Not able to get expected result from the website
Your website is not a bunch of electronic pages with binary codes surfing around the internet all over the world. A website is a part of the business strategy you use to bring in the customers. The element you have incorporated within the website must give you the result that is the customer.
[Tweet “A website is a part of the business strategy you use to bring in the customers #WPTS”]
If your website is not able to serve this purpose well no matter how beautiful the website is, you have to redesign website. Redesign website that helps you turn visitors into leads and leads into customers.
Things you have to see in this aspect
- Does the opt-in form strategy you used is at the right place
- Content you use must be compelling that should get high CTR (Click Through Rate)
- Make sure that your call to action (CTA) does get noticed by the visitors
- Make the content language simpler and cleaner so that everyone can get the point clearly. Give a clear cut direct approach to the customer about your product or service.
[experts_box experts_title=”Easy One Click Solution:”]Redesign your website, give your website fresh look and feel. Make an epic come back. Buy the Revamp website Support Service[/experts_box]
2. Is the website is still in line with the business strategy and products
You might be grown a lot in your business and might have introduced new services or products to the customers. Sometimes people forget to say about this on the website. Your website got stuck in the beginning stage of your business saying the same old stories that are almost dead.
— WPTeamSupport (@wpteamsupportHQ) April 4, 2017
Update the current content to the website. Let the people know your new product and tell them how much you have grown in your business. It gives a positive image for your company and also encourages new customers to join.
Talking about the business strategies, this also not going to remain the same. As your business evolves your strategies also changes make sure you use the new strategies in the redesign website process.
3. When the Website is broke
Obviously, this might be the main reason to redesign website. The major criteria for any website is that should be readily available when the user searches for it. If the website fulfills this then no need to worry much about website traffic, conversion rates.
[blockquote]”Make the website light, simple, and fast to load”[/blockquote]
Make the website light, simple, and fast to load. This is a fast world people just hate to see the loading sign. Just make your key point of sale and the product which is in demand among your customers easily available.
- The website should be easy to access and the important content should not be hidden. Make it simpler to access and find all the information.
- Navigation between pages must be easy and the important pages should be made easy to find on the website.
- Avoid complex cluster interface in the process of redesign website, important pages, and product details should be readily available for the user.
4. Responsive and mobile friendly websites
According to the recent studies, more than half of the website is from the mobile phones and mobile apps. If your website is not available for mobile platforms, then your website is really in a pathetic condition. You are simply ignoring a huge amount of potential customers of your business.
The above chart from comScore shows the number of mobile users is overtaking the desktop users. More detailed coverage of mobile market trend is given in the Smartinsights.
5. Your competitors give a tough fight
The online market is very vast as you have a lot of customers around the world you also have competitors around the world. If your website remains outdated your competitor’s website with the new strategy and fresh look will knock your website down.
— WPTeamSupport (@wpteamsupportHQ) April 4, 2017
All your new customers will automatically move towards the new website abandoning your website though your quality of service and product is good.
If your competitors redesign website then you should seriously analyze the condition, if their new techniques really pay them a good result, then you should really start thinking of redesign website of yours.
6. Outdated Tools and Plugins
Though your website serves its purpose well, portrays your new product and services to the customer well and good, if your website tools are outdated the customers will simply leave. Tools are the elements keep your visitors engaged and turn them into the leads and then into customers.
The outdated tools and plugins on a website are like a big hole in a ship that is going to sink your business soon.
[blockquote]”The outdated tools and plugins on a website are like a big hole in a ship that is going to sink your business soon”[/blockquote]
— WPTeamSupport (@wpteamsupportHQ) April 4, 2017
Redesign Website in WordPress
WordPress is the famous CMS (Content Management system) helps you build your dream website free and almost with no coding knowledge.
“As of 2014, tens of thousands of new WordPress sites are created every day” is the stats given by WordPress itself. The cost to redesign website in WordPress is less when compared to raw HTML pages.
[recommened_reading id=”878″ title=”Recommended Reading:”]
Once the website gets set up in the WordPress you can change the look of the website easily with drag and drop page builders as many time as you want your imagination is your limit. There are both free and premium themes to help you. There are also marketing automation plugins to help you in marketing.
If you are still not in WordPress, use our complete guide to start a WordPress website, but if you are already on WordPress then it is well and good, then follow the steps below.
- Backup your old site, save all your website data in a safe cloud or in a storage place other than the main storage.
- Clean all your website files and settings. Give your website a complete format turn to the fresh clean stage.
- Open a test website to make sure your redesign website process is really going on the correct path. Install the theme that suits your business needs and alter it to your taste.
- Install all the updated plugins you need, avoid the plugins that no longer has support. Tune up your website functionalities according to your business strategy.
- Once finish checking all the website functionalities and integrate the backup files to the new site activate the test website into the live website.
[recommened_reading id=”1146″ title=”Recommended Reading:”]
Redesign website without loosing SEO
This might be the question arising in your brain when you start thinking of redesign website. Optimizing your website to the SEO and you already gain a position in the SERP (Search Engine Result Page) you definitely don’t want to lose this position.
[Tweet “Redesign website without loosing SEO #WPTS”]
These steps going to help you redesign website without loosing SEO.
- SEO is a part of the design, it is not the garnishing element that you add at the end. Think of the SEO right from the Step.1 of the redesign website process. Include an SEO expert in the design team.
- Redesign website means not eliminating all the element from the old website. Some of the SEO technique you used must really be paid you off well, try to retain that. Only change the SEO techniques that were of no use to you. Use analytics tools like Google analytics, MOZ analytics to help you in this.
- Stage your website, do not test these directly on your live website. It affects your website SEO, stage your website away from crawlers. Once you finished with all things then open it up for the live website.
- As said before major traffic you get at present is from the mobile phones, use this redesign website process for this as the responsive website is one of the major criteria for SEO.
How to announce website redesign
So now you know why, when and how to redesign website. The process does not just stop here, people must know you have upgraded and are ready to serve your customers with the newly refreshed website.
[Tweet “How to announce #website #redesign #WPTS”]
- Announce in Social Media, it such a powerful medium you can reach millions of people in one click. Share your feeling spread your positive start, why and what all people can expect from this update.
- Email current and potential clients, let your clients also know that you revamp your website. This gives a personal touch and an effective factor of increasing belief among your customers.
- Publish a press release let the people buzz up about your new start. This both, directly and indirectly, induce your new website traffic and conversion rate.
Thanks for taking your time to know why you really need to redesign website. The website plays an important role with your business in the current online world.
[Tweet “Take care of your website and the website take cares of your online business results”]
Do not do the complete update in a single shot. As people are always curious about new things, keep some interesting small update for future use.
If your website is doing well with the reasons mentioned above, then you no need to worry about redesign website, but if not…then you should really think about redesign website.
Take care of your website and the website take cares of your online business results.